Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hyperlinks on messages

Hi,

I'm new with the ISE 14.6 Tools and have the following question: In the message window I get a lot of warning and notes from the seperate processes but it isn't possible to jump at the code line with a click on a message. Is there a possibility to activate this function?

Thank you for your help

best regards

martin sauer

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Marin,

Can you post the warning message?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi Deepika,

thank you for your fast response.

One of the messages is:

HDLCompiler:634 - "D:\FPGA-DIS812C\Xilinx\v0_00\hdl\dis812c.vhd" Line 416: Net <sSDIChn1_Sync[3]> does not have a driver.

Sorry it was my mistake. The most of the messages are unused and loadless signals because I don't connect all blocks in my design.

best regards

martin sauer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

If you click on the file name of the message "D:\FPGA-DIS812C\Xilinx\v0_00\hdl\dis812c.vhd" , is it not directing you to the file?

Go to Edit --> Preferences in ISE. This directs you to dialog box as below. Ensure that "show hyperlinks" option is checked as below.

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi,

the option is activated. On this message

HDLCompiler:634 - "D:\FPGA-DIS812C\Xilinx\v0_00\hdl\dis812c.vhd" Line 417: Net <sSDIChn1_Data[29]> does not have a driver.

the hyperlink don't work.

But on this one

Xst:3210 - "D:\FPGA-DIS812C\Xilinx\v0_00\hdl\dis812c.vhd" line 450: Output port <oCfg3GB1> of the instance <i_cfgreg> is unconnected or connected to loadless signal.

I can click on the line and the browser jumps to the code line.

best regards

martin sauer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi Martin,

for some signal to be driven an assignment is needed.

So if the assignment is missing where should the hyperlink point to?

What is in Line 417? The declaration of the undriven signal?

Is there a need to change that?

Have a nice synthesis

Eilert

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi Eilert.

you are right. Sorry it was my mistake.

best regards

martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted