UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

[ILA] Signal names are not shown in ILA Waveform window ...

Hi All,

Please see below connection of the Ports in Block Design to ILA.

As you could see, APB_M_0 is connected to SLOT_0_APB, APB_M_2 is connected to SLOT_3_APB, etc.

1.jpg

But in the ILA on the board, I get the signals as they are shown below: 

2.jpg

So, the real signal names are no shown in the Waveform window of ILA on the board, just ILA port names... 

So, how names of the signals, which are connected to ILA ports, will be shown in the Waveform window as well?  

Is it possible to edit the ILA Port Names?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: [ILA] Signal names are not shown in ILA Waveform window ...

I've noticed this as well. It's kind of annoying that ILA doesn't use the port names. If it is useful, you should be able to just right click the names in the waveform window and rename them to your port names. Maybe you already knew this or wanted it to be done automatically, but this is the only solution I have found so far that was useful. 

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [ILA] Signal names are not shown in ILA Waveform window ...

It seems I've found the solution, but I'm not sure this is THE SOLUTION...

After synthesis, you should go to the 'Set Up Debug' section and add the signals which you want to see in the ILA. The signal names are kept ...

0 Kudos