UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

IP Catalog vs IP Intergrator IP versions are different?

Jump to solution

I have tried this with both Vivado 2014.1 and 2014.2.

IP Catalog shows the AXI Interconnect block at version 1.7.

However, if I open a block diagram and add an AXI Interconnect it is at version 2.1. How come the versions are different?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: IP Catalog vs IP Intergrator IP versions are different?

Jump to solution

Hi

Yes we do have two different versions of the AXI interconnect cores.

This is how the core was designed to support in ISE and which was bought into IP catalog.

We have different feature support for the core when used in ISE and EDK

Have a look at the below link.

http://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/axi_interconnect.htm

The Coregen core is present in IP catalog and the EDK core is present in the IPI.

The v1.7 of the Axi interconnect is only available in HDL IP catalog. There are some limitations associated with it.
One feature that is quite different is the existance of multi-master to multi-slave connectivity in v2.1 , while in v1.7 this is not there.

THe 2.1 version is only available as an IPI core.

The following sub-modules are included:
*axi_clock_converter
*axi_crossbar
*axi_data_fifo
*axi_register_slice

In the AXI interconnect 1.7, you will have access to these individual cores to build an axi interconnect core.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Scholar muravin
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi Adrian,

Xilinx people can correct me if I am wrong, but when you define an IP, you can write anything you want in its identification and/or desctiption field, which is exactly what you see.

The 2.1 notion is the actual revision, which may not be visible on the IP catalog.

Lastly, I just wish our problems were as easy as yours :o)

Regards

Vlad

Vladislav Muravin
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi Vlad,

The two versions/revisions are definitely different.

xilinx.com:ip:axi_interconnect:2.1 (IP Integrator / block diagram)

xilinx.com:ip:axi_interconnect:1.7 (IP Catalog)

The 1.7 version allows one master interface (meaning you can only connect 1 slave). There is a note that appears in the customisation GUI reflecting this.

The 2.1 version has separate drop down selection boxes for the number of Slave and Master interfaces.

I wish my problem was as easy as you thought! ;0)

Regards,

Adrian

0 Kudos
Scholar muravin
Scholar

Jump to solution

Ah, you are right. Perhaps this is XPS left-overs? I wonder what it is... Seems when we call interconnect, it is 2.1

Vladislav Muravin
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Yes I wondered if it might be a hangover from a previous install. Or incorrectly set environment variable. I'm on Windows 64bit by the way.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @adrian.h 

This is expected.

The AXI Interconnect version 2.0 and later is composed of the individual sub-modules and is currently only available in IP Integrator.

For more details refer to http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54453.htm

Chapter-1 "Overview" in http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_interconnect/v2_1/pg059-axi-interconnect.pdf

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi

Yes we do have two different versions of the AXI interconnect cores.

This is how the core was designed to support in ISE and which was bought into IP catalog.

We have different feature support for the core when used in ISE and EDK

Have a look at the below link.

http://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/axi_interconnect.htm

The Coregen core is present in IP catalog and the EDK core is present in the IPI.

The v1.7 of the Axi interconnect is only available in HDL IP catalog. There are some limitations associated with it.
One feature that is quite different is the existance of multi-master to multi-slave connectivity in v2.1 , while in v1.7 this is not there.

THe 2.1 version is only available as an IPI core.

The following sub-modules are included:
*axi_clock_converter
*axi_crossbar
*axi_data_fifo
*axi_register_slice

In the AXI interconnect 1.7, you will have access to these individual cores to build an axi interconnect core.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Scholar markcurry
Scholar

Jump to solution

The AXI interconnect HDL version 1.7 (and back as far as 1.06 for that matter) supports multiple masters (and multiple slaves) just fine.

We've been using both for over a year without issues.

The silly GUI wouldn't allow it - but just instaciating the supplied HDL, and setting the appropriate parameters, and you're good to go.

We're currently using the 1.7 AXI interconnect with NUM_MASTER_SLOTS = 5, NUM_SLAVE_SLOTS = 3

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos