cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

IP floating point AXI4, V7.1

Hi,
I am using VHDL in Vivado 2016.2 for controlling purposes in my project. I need to generate some IP floating point for several math functions.
I haven't tried before to design IP floating point AXI, as you may know, every input or output has Tvalid when you create IP, my problem is, I do not know how to treat Tvalid signal?! Shall I give '1' or '0' or signal? Any support, explanation or clarification
I will appreciate
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

you can xilinx floating point operator IP . This IPs supports AXI interface. To understand the tvalid behavior

1. Refer floating point operator product guide
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/floating_point/v7_0/pg060-floating-point.pdf

2. You can generate the core simulate with demo_tb. check the assertion and de- assertion of axi signals

3. check AXI reference guide
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/ug761_axi_reference_guide.pdf
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

there are ways of configuring the FP IP. The easiest way is to configure it with no back pressure which is similar to "native" mode. In this case you can connect tvalid to 1, ignore tready signal and just count the latency cycles manually.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you guys, thanks muzaffer that is what I have done and it works
Thanks
0 Kudos