cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adrianf00
Adventurer
Adventurer

IP packager: conditional addition of files

My IP conditionally instantiates ILA modules, depending on customization parameters set by the user when integrating the IP (let's say the DEBUG parameter).

In the IP packager, the corresponding .xci files of those ILA modules are always included. When user doesn't set the DEBUG parameter I get the critical warning (for synthesis and implementation):

[Designutils 20-1280] Could not find module 'fifo_din_ila'. The XDC file /home/adrianf0/proj/falcon-soc.srcs/sources_1/bd/proj_ps/ip/readout2axis_0_0/ip/fifo_din_ila/ila_v6_2/constraints/ila.xdc will not be read for any cell of this module.

Of course, the module can't be found as it's not instantiated, however, .xci must come with XDC constraints which are read anyway, thus causing the error.

I think a possible solution, would be to conditionally include .xci files, depending on parameters set by the user at IP integration stage. How could I obtain it?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

good luck

The ability to do these sort of things has been asked for since the beginning,
the general response is on the lines of "TCL fixes every thing, us a batch , dont use the GUI."

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos