UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jesuabi.lc
Visitor

IP packager crashes when removing TSTRB

Jump to solution

Hi guys

I'm new with the IP packager, I was following the next tutorial to write a custom AXI Stream Slave

http://realisenow.sdu.dk/transfer-data-from-ps-to-pl-through-the-dma-simple-dma-with-custom-ip/

First of all, in my Vivado, the source codes are on Verilog not in VHDL ¿Is there any way to configure Vivado to write those files on VHDL by default again?

In second place, I'm having a problem when I'm trying to re-package the IP, Vivado just crashes.

The only thing I did on the source codes was delete the TSTRB port from the AXI Slave Port and add a digital output.

custom_1.JPGcustom_2.JPG

Not deleting the TSTRB from de Slave source code results on the next error 

custom_3.JPG

Coul someone explain to me what is causing the crashe and the error?

BR 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar brimdavis
Scholar

Re: IP packager crashes when removing TSTRB

Jump to solution

@jesuabi.lc   "when I'm trying to re-package the IP, Vivado just crashes. The only thing I did on the source codes was delete the TSTRB port from the AXI Slave Port"

The IP packager remains unstable and buggy when packaging code under development.

I think your particular remove-interface-port-and-repackage crash is a longstanding bug that can be solved by deleting TSTRB from the AXI interface before repackaging.

See the end of the following thread for more info:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/IP-Packager-crashes-when-merging-changes/td-p/728403

> ¿Is there any way to configure Vivado to write those files on VHDL by default again?

Make sure your project has "Target Language" set to VHDL  [ Project Manager => Settings => Project Settings => General => Target Language ]

-Brian

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar brimdavis
Scholar

Jump to solution

@jesuabi.lc   "when I'm trying to re-package the IP, Vivado just crashes. The only thing I did on the source codes was delete the TSTRB port from the AXI Slave Port"

The IP packager remains unstable and buggy when packaging code under development.

I think your particular remove-interface-port-and-repackage crash is a longstanding bug that can be solved by deleting TSTRB from the AXI interface before repackaging.

See the end of the following thread for more info:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/IP-Packager-crashes-when-merging-changes/td-p/728403

> ¿Is there any way to configure Vivado to write those files on VHDL by default again?

Make sure your project has "Target Language" set to VHDL  [ Project Manager => Settings => Project Settings => General => Target Language ]

-Brian

0 Kudos
Visitor jesuabi.lc
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi 

I got to generate the files on VHDL, thanks

But, I still got the crash when trying to repackage de IP

I first delete the TSTRB from the files and then repackage, but It doesn't work

EDIT

The option for remove the port isn't available on the menu

custom_4.jpg

0 Kudos
Scholar brimdavis
Scholar

Jump to solution

@jesuabi.lc   "The option for remove the port isn't available on the menu"

What version of Vivado are you using?

Here's a few things to try:

Plan A:

• Right click the top level interface S00_AXIS in IP packager
  • Select "Edit Interface"
  • Select "Port Mapping" tab
  • Select TSTRB in the "mapped ports" window
  • Click the "-" button (top left of mapped ports window) to remove a port

Plan B:

If Plan A doesn't work, try removing the interface then re-inferring it:

• Right click the top level interface S00_AXIS in IP packager
  • Select "Remove Interface"
  • Right click in the "Ports and Interfaces" window and select "Auto Infer Interface"
  • Choose the correct interface type (e.g. axis_rtl ) and click OK

Plan C:

Exit Vivado, open the component.xml file in a text editor, and manually delete the TSTRB sections

(or you could similarly just delete component.xml from the packaged directory and re-package from scratch)

-------------

Also note, if the source edits to remove a port accidentally caused a syntax error, IP packager can act very strange...

-Brian

0 Kudos
Visitor jesuabi.lc
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi

I solved the problem this way:

-Right Clikc on the port

-Edit port

-Driver Value=0

-Accept

-This unlocks the "Remove Port" option on the Right Click menu on the Pots and Interface part 

Thank you all for the help :D

BR

Jesus Abimael Lopez 

0 Kudos