cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant
Participant
972 Views
Registered: ‎10-07-2016

IP upgrade log doesn't show instance name

Jump to solution

I've started using Vivado 2018.1. The ip upgrade log isn't showing the instance name for some instances. How do I find out which instance they refer to. Below is a snapshot from the log file. This is for an ila. I renamed my instance to something that made more sense to me like ILA_CP.

 

Upgrade Log for IP 'tx_path_system_ila_0_0'

1. Summary
----------

CAUTION (success, with warnings) in the upgrade of tx_path_system_ila_0_0 from xilinx.com:ip:system_ila:1.0 (Rev. 2) to xilinx.com:ip:system_ila:1.1 (Rev. 2)

After upgrade, an IP may have parameter and port differences compared to the original customization. Please review the parameters within the IP customization GUI to ensure proper functionality. Also, please review the updated IP instantiation template to ensure proper connectivity, and update your design if required.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Participant
1,144 Views
Registered: ‎10-07-2016
I did a quick experiment. The GUI won't let the Component_Name be changed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
937 Views
Registered: ‎07-22-2008

I'm guessing you changed the display name and not the component name of the IP block.

The upgrade log will be based on the component name which is also what is used for the generated IP core when it is generated

Example:

I add a block to my BD named ILA_0

I then change the name of the block to "My_ILA_0"

- The Tcl console echoes the command "set_property name My_ILA_0 [get_bd_cells ILA_0]"

The cell name has now changed.

"get_bd_cells My_ILA_0" returns the new name and "get_bd_cells ILA_0" returns nothing.

However, "get_property CONFIG.Component_Name [get_bd_cells My_ILA_0]" returns "/ILA_0" and "get_ips *ILA_0" returns "design_1_ila_0"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator
Moderator
906 Views
Registered: ‎06-14-2010

Hello @chuck_s,

 

This topic is still open and is waiting for you.

 

If your question is answered and/or your issue is solved, please mark a response that resolved your issue, as Accepted Solution (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions). This way, the topic can be completed then. 

 

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the thread.

 

Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant
901 Views
Registered: ‎10-07-2016

Though the gui, it looks like I can change the Component_Name as it has a pencil on the property value. Can it be done safely? it looks like any change here would cause the IP output products to be generated because this appears to be the directory name as well.

 

I did a quick script to extract the Component_Name.  This allows me to manually cross probe it to the bd cell name I'm use to. It would be nice if the ipupgrade.log would cross probe to the cell in the bd.

 

Script: -------------------------------------. This is also attached.

 

set bd_cells [get_bd_cells -hierarchical *]
foreach item $bd_cells {
      puts "BD_Cell: $item Component_Name: [get_property CONFIG.Component_Name [get_bd_cells $item]]"
}

 

 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant
1,145 Views
Registered: ‎10-07-2016
I did a quick experiment. The GUI won't let the Component_Name be changed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos