UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

IPI - Create IP from a block design

Hello,

I followed along hte tutorial in UG995 (2015.2), which results in a block design as in the attached screenshot. 

Q: Is it possible to pack this entire block diagram into an IP block, so I can re-use it in other designs, to have a hierarchical design aproach in IPI. So the resulting IP block would have the ports : S00_AXI, ACLK, ARESTN, ext_spi_clk, iic_rtl, uart_rtl and spi_rtl. 

Q: if so, how do I pack this? I tried to pack it as a project and pack it as a directory, but without real success. Is there an example on packing a BD

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
subdesign.jpg
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: IPI - Create IP from a block design

Hi @ronnywebers

Try the process mentioned in below article http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/59355.html

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

To modify or add custom IP to the Vivado IP Catalog or IP Integrator, follow these steps:
(Custom IP is attached at the end of this answer record.)

1. Open Vivado 2013.2, and select Manage IP > New IP Location.
  2. Click Next.
  3. Set the Part and IP Location from the Manage IP Settings dialog box, then click Finish.

4. From the Tools menu, select the Package IP.
  5. Click Next.
  6. Point to the custom IP location and click Next.
  7. Click OK.
  8. As an example of modification, change the version from 1.0 to 1.1.

9. You can modify the category in the IP Catalog that the custom IP can be found.
    For this example, it is changed from "BaseIP" to AXI Infrastructure.
  10. Click OK.
  11. Make sure that the IP compatibility matches with your project device. This is set to Virtex-7 by default.
  12. To add a Family, right-click and select Add Family...
  13. Click Package IP.
  14. You will now see the custom IP in the IP Catalog:
  15. Now, in the Vivado Project > select IP Settings:
  16. Select Add Repository and point to the IP repository, then click OK.
  17. You will now see the custom IP in the IP Catalog:
  18. This can also be seen in Add IP in IPI:

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

Hello 

is it my browser that behaves incorrect, but I can only see placeholdes for all the images in your latest answer - see attachment

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
forum issue.jpg
0 Kudos