UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

IPI - How do I rename a block design (.bd file)

Jump to solution

Is it possible to rename a block design once it's created? (i.e. rename design_1.bd to my_design.bd)

didn't find a way but to delete it and create it again.

Would it be possible to write the bd to a tcl script in a single command, then create a new bd with the desired name, and run the tcl script again to rebuild the bd contents? Guess the wrapper will also need to be deleted and regenerated

Or is there an easier way?

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
rename BD.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: IPI - How do I rename a block design (.bd file)

Jump to solution

@ronnywebers BD name cannot be changed straightaway, Name property is Read only.

report_property [get_bd_designs ]
Property Type Read-only Visible Value
CLASS string true true diagram
COLOR string false true
FILE_NAME string true true base_zynq_design.bd
NAME string true true base_zynq_design
USE_IP_SHARED_DIR bool false true 1

Ony way would be write bd tcl using write_bd_tcl

This example creates a Tcl script from the current IP Integrator subsystem design, specifies a new name for the block diagram, specifies that IP versions should not be included, and also indicates a folder to write the block diagram to when it is created by running the output bd_tcl script:

write_bd_tcl -bd_name newMB1 -no_ip_version -bd_folder C:/Block_Designs projMB1

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Reply
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: IPI - How do I rename a block design (.bd file)

Jump to solution

@ronnywebers BD name cannot be changed straightaway, Name property is Read only.

report_property [get_bd_designs ]
Property Type Read-only Visible Value
CLASS string true true diagram
COLOR string false true
FILE_NAME string true true base_zynq_design.bd
NAME string true true base_zynq_design
USE_IP_SHARED_DIR bool false true 1

Ony way would be write bd tcl using write_bd_tcl

This example creates a Tcl script from the current IP Integrator subsystem design, specifies a new name for the block diagram, specifies that IP versions should not be included, and also indicates a folder to write the block diagram to when it is created by running the output bd_tcl script:

write_bd_tcl -bd_name newMB1 -no_ip_version -bd_folder C:/Block_Designs projMB1

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.