UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor russ.dill
Visitor

ISE 13.1 middle mouse copy/paste on X11/linux

I've noticed that while Qt4 stock fully supports middle mouse copy/paste on X11/linux, the Qt4 library bundled with ISE seems to have broken this behavior. * Highlighting text from another application and then middle clicking in ISE does not paste text. * Highlighting text within ISE and then middle clicking in another application does not paste text. * Highlighting text within ISE and then middle clicking within ISE does not paste text. Middle mouse button copy/paste is highly desirable as the alternative requires a lot more time. Example, Middle click: 1) Highlight text to be copied, eg, 8'h8a 2) Middle click where text is to be paste 3) Repeat 2 as necessary Example, Edit->copy/Edit Paste method: 1) Highlight text to be copied, eg, 8'h8a 2) hit ctrl+c 3) click place where text is to be placed 4) hit ctrl+v 5) repeat 3 and 4 as necessary Any chance this can be unbroken?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ISE 13.1 middle mouse copy/paste on X11/linux

I've passed your comments to some developers that work in this area. They are looking at the code to see if there is something that ca be done about his.  So far in their analysis, it appears that copy / paste operations related to the ISE Text Editor are the ones that have issue with the middle mouse button.  The code for the text editor originates from Scintilla.  Our developers will take a look and if there is a straight forward fix, they will probably get it in for ISE DS 13.2 or 13.3.  If it is not straight forward, I do not believe the functionality will change from the way it is now.

0 Kudos
Advisor eilert
Advisor

Re: ISE 13.1 middle mouse copy/paste on X11/linux

Hi,

the mentioned disfunctionality of the UNIX mark/paste method is really annoying for frequent linux users.

A fast workaround would be to use an external editor, but then the tool integration is lost (windows docking, jump to errors etc.).

Besides: Out of couriosity I just installed SciTE 2.03 from a debian package on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

SciTe is a reference application of Scintilla, and there the midle mouse button works perfectly.

Regarsd

Eilert

0 Kudos