UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer creedxilinx
Observer

ISE 14.6 Warning/Message

Jump to solution

I get the following message when I open my ucf.  I do not have the file open

in any other editor nor is the .ucf file extension associated with any program

in Windows.  It believe I started seeing this message after opening the file in

PlanAhead, but i'm not certain.  The message is:

"Another editor is already editing contraints for this project. Running multiple

contraint editors (Contraints Editor, PlanAhead, or Text Editor) can result in

contraint data being overitten or not properly updated.

Do you want ot continue with opening Text Editor?"

Is there a way to eliminate this message or figure out why Project Nav thinks the

file is already open?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ISE 14.6 Warning/Message

Jump to solution

Hi,

The situation you are facing can be caused if the system or just the ISE software is shut down while the UCF file is open in the PlanAhead tool. When Project Navigator is reopened, attempting to open the UCF in any of the editors results in the warning message. 

Try this to overcome the issue. Delete the Planahead_run_* folders located in the project directory when planAhead tool is not open.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes this error occurs when you try to open the ucf when planahead is reading it .

However you can open it in any text editor.

Regards,

Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

The situation you are facing can be caused if the system or just the ISE software is shut down while the UCF file is open in the PlanAhead tool. When Project Navigator is reopened, attempting to open the UCF in any of the editors results in the warning message. 

Try this to overcome the issue. Delete the Planahead_run_* folders located in the project directory when planAhead tool is not open.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

Observer creedxilinx
Observer

Jump to solution

Deleting the Planahead_run_* folders eliminated the message.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi All,

This seems to be a known issue

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/33960.html

That's great !

Thanks Deepika.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos