cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryan7
Visitor
Visitor
684 Views
Registered: ‎10-28-2020

ISE 14.7 Segmentation Fault on RHEL 6.10

Jump to solution

I have installed Xilinx 14.7 on RHEL 6. When I attempt to execute the the ise application I see the splash screen followed by a segmentation fault. I have tried resolving this issue using various recommendations on the internet but I cannot overcome this issue.

 

Please let me know if I need to provide additional information.

 

Thank you,

Ryan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ryan7
Visitor
Visitor
514 Views
Registered: ‎10-28-2020

Hello watan,

Thank you for your assistance. The version of RedHat is 6.10.

 

I ran the programs that were seg faulting in gdb and discovered that the seg fault was happening at libSecurity_FNP.so. I was able to resolve the issue by replacing libSecurity_FNP.so with libSecurity.so. I copied libSecurity_FNP.so to libSecurity_FNP.so-orig and create a symbolic link to map libSecurity_FNP.to libSecurity.so.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
philipwu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
592 Views
Registered: ‎02-13-2020

Hi @ryan7 

Could you share what error messages you are seeing and what solutions you have already tried?

There is an SR that handles Segmentation Fault due to memory usage. Did you try this method?
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/64434.html 

0 Kudos
watari
Professor
Professor
563 Views
Registered: ‎06-16-2013

Hi @ryan7 

 

Would you inform your detail version (revision) of RHEL, too ? (ex. RHEL 6.10 and so on)

 

Best regards,

0 Kudos
ryan7
Visitor
Visitor
515 Views
Registered: ‎10-28-2020

Hello philipwu,

Thank you for your response. The error I was receiving was a segmentation fault with no other error message present. I have a solution and will make another post with the solution.

0 Kudos
ryan7
Visitor
Visitor
515 Views
Registered: ‎10-28-2020

Hello watan,

Thank you for your assistance. The version of RedHat is 6.10.

 

I ran the programs that were seg faulting in gdb and discovered that the seg fault was happening at libSecurity_FNP.so. I was able to resolve the issue by replacing libSecurity_FNP.so with libSecurity.so. I copied libSecurity_FNP.so to libSecurity_FNP.so-orig and create a symbolic link to map libSecurity_FNP.to libSecurity.so.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos