Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uyeshiro
Adventurer
Adventurer

Identification step problem whjile packaging IP in Vivado

Jump to solution

Hello.

I tried to package a VHDL file to put in a user IP library to use in a larger project.  I get a warning while in the Identification packaging step: [IP_Flow 19-1652] Component 'IFA:vivado_ip:fpga_misc:0.1(fpga_misc)': The IP is hidden from the catalog GUI and there should be no taxonomies entered.

I have no idea what this means, and a search for IP_Flow 19-1652 doesn't bring up anything helpful.

The fields in the Identification tab are filled out as:

Vendor:  IFA

Library:   vivado_ip  <this is a directory under c: where another ip exists and is used>

Name:     fpga_misc

Version:  0.1

Display Name: fpga_misc

Description: Misc logic

Vendor display name: IFA

Company url; <blank>

Categories: /Embedded_Processing/Utility

Root directory:  c:/vivado_ip/fpga_misc

Xml file name:   c:/vivado_ip/fpga_misc/component.xml

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swolf
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

When using the wizard steps to first package the IP, I would guess you chose "package directory" and then checked "package as library core".

A library core is simply a collection of hdl files that can be shared among other IP.  In this case, these "libraries" are not directly instantiated in a block diagram (as a collection of files, there would typically be many top level modules).  They are not shown in the catalog.  Since the IP is not shown in the catalog, there is no need for a taxonomy ("categories").  Please leave the categories blank in this case.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
swolf
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

When using the wizard steps to first package the IP, I would guess you chose "package directory" and then checked "package as library core".

A library core is simply a collection of hdl files that can be shared among other IP.  In this case, these "libraries" are not directly instantiated in a block diagram (as a collection of files, there would typically be many top level modules).  They are not shown in the catalog.  Since the IP is not shown in the catalog, there is no need for a taxonomy ("categories").  Please leave the categories blank in this case.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
uyeshiro
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks.  That worked.

0 Kudos