UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant verilog_bee
Participant

Import TCL file for IP GUI

Hi,

I developed my first IP with Ip packager in Vivado,  added parameters &  customized its GUI using "Customize GUI" tab.

After packaging Tcl file is generated for IP.

Now I want to create a new IP with a different name & with some change in the Source code but GUI remains same.

so my question is how to import the Tcl file of the previous  IP to recover the same GUI to new IP?

I tried the Tcl file by changing the name but unable to recover GUI & also parameters  & its dependencies.

NOTE: I don't want to overwrite IP because it is required for other application.

Please guide.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Import TCL file for IP GUI

Hi @verilog_bee,

If you are looking for IP duplication, please check this forum link:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Synthesis/Custom-IP-duplication/td-p/697703

Thanks,

Raj.

Visitor verilog@all
Visitor

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have gone through your suggested thread.

But I only get troubled in GUI & adding extra parameters which will be used for deriving my RTL parameter, when I copy the Tcl file to new IP parameter & GUI did n't recover in to new IP and hence I have to add all parameter manually in  GUI & also set the page in customizing GUI" tab.

I don't want to add all parameters manually again in GUI for new Ip.

Please guide.

0 Kudos
Participant verilog_bee
Participant

Can I add parameter by editing in Tcl file of IP

Or customize GUI using tcl commands ??????  

0 Kudos