UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor sombresleep
Visitor

Incompatible IP data detected

Jump to solution

Recently I upgraded my Vivado project from 2014.4 to 2015.1. The tool reports that my AXI Interconnects have status "Incompatible IP data detected". It says:

" * The IP Data in the repository is incompatible with the current instance (despite having identical Version and Revision). You will need to update the IP before viewing the customization and generating outputs."

How exactly can I update the IP if it has identical version? The IP is locked.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Incompatible IP data detected

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you try running upgrade_bd_cells command to upgrade the AXI interconntect IP?

Also this message is not expected to be seen by customers. Can you attach a test case here so that I can report this to factory for fix?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi @sombresleep,

Go to tools --> Report-->Report IP status.

This wil report IP's in your design and the status of these ip's. If the status is up to date then there are no changes has been made from the previous vivado release or you might have updated it. if the status is other than this then you should upgrade the ip.

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Dont you see "upgrade selected" option after sellecting the IP in "report ip status" window? Below is from UG896

Untitled.png

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Visitor sombresleep
Visitor

Jump to solution

The report of the IP status is in my first post. But anyway I can post it here again if you want. I can even attach a screenshot.

* The IP Data in the repository is incompatible with the current instance (despite having identical Version and Revision). You will need to update the IP before viewing the customization and generating outputs.

The IP report says that IPs are incompatible and I have to upate them. It also says that the IP versions are identical and therefore I can't update tem.

Of course I can try to remove the AXI Interconnects and place the new ones (which are identical!). But this is not very clever.

IP.PNG
0 Kudos
Visitor sombresleep
Visitor

Jump to solution

"Upgrade selected" button is gray and cannot be pressed. "Upgrade IP" link also doen't do anything. Other IPs which had different versions were updated without any problems.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you try running upgrade_bd_cells command to upgrade the AXI interconntect IP?

Also this message is not expected to be seen by customers. Can you attach a test case here so that I can report this to factory for fix?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Visitor sombresleep
Visitor

Jump to solution

upgrade_bd_cells works. Thank you!

But I had to upgrade every AXI Inerconnect one by one. Running the upgrade_bd_cells for all IPs at the same time doesnt't work. It updates the last one in the line and reports errors for others. So I had to run it three times. But this is not a problem.

And now about the test case. Obviously I won't attach my project because it is 400MB.

It was created in Vivado 2013.3 and then updated to 2014.4, where 90% of it were rewritten.

The closest thing that you can do to reproduce my condition is to take XAPP1171 example design, upgrade it to 2014.4 and then to 2015.1.

But probably it is not necessary. Vivado 2015.1 came up just a few days ago. I think that very soon you will see similar problems. Upgrading 2014.4 project with AXI Inerconnect IP to 2015.1 should be enough. 

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi @sombresleep,

Did you tried using
upgrade_bd_cells [get_bd_cells {axi_interconnect_0 axi_interconnect_1 }]

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Visitor sombresleep
Visitor

Jump to solution

This is exactly what I did.

0 Kudos