Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tahirsengine1
Observer
Observer

Instantiating block diagram in HDL top

Hey guys,

I received a design project. There is a VHDL top file and there is a block diagram in that project.

The block diagram is instantiated in VHDL.

I had to change block diagram. And now I need to update its instance in VHDL.

The block diagram name is glue.bd

When I use the option "View Instantiation Template", it shows me a file with the module name "glue_wrapper" . But in actual design it is instantiated like

glue_u0 : entity glue

port_map(

So how will I update the instance in VHDL file? I can simply add the additional ports in instance, but I really want to do it the proper way.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
syedz

@tahirsengine1 

Remove the existing wrapper file from the project and make the modification to block design. After BD validation right-click on .bd file under sources windows and select create HDL wrapper. 

Check topic "Integrating the Block Design into a Top-Level Design" at page 108 in below user guide:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2020_2/ug994-vivado-ip-subsystems.pdf#page=108 

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------