Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maenpaa
Adventurer
Adventurer

Instantiation of SRIO Gen2 over Vivado 2016.2 without maintenance port

Hi, experts,

If I attempt to instantiate Serial RapiodIO Gen2 4.0 in Vivado 2016.2, without maintenance port, I get the following message:

ERROR: [Common 17-55] 'get_property' expects at least one object.
Resolution: If [get_<value>] was used to populate the object, check to make sure this command returns at least one valid object.
ERROR: [BD 41-1273] Error running propagate TCL procedure: ERROR: [Common 17-55] 'get_property' expects at least one object.
    ::xilinx.com_ip_srio_gen2_4.0::propagate Line 10

This happens only, if CONFIG.init_maintenance is set to {false}.

Should it be possible to use SRIO IP without maintenance port? Used to work in the old days.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

use example design xdc file
check your xdc file . some of the constraint not used correctly
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
maenpaa
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

Your advice does not help. Constraints matching those in the example project are in use.

What particular constraints did you have in mind, considering that the problem is with a port which is not in use?

0 Kudos
athandr
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi seems like this is tied to some tcl commands where it is expecting an object for get_property. Making the CONFIG.init_maintenance to false probably is affecting the naming of the object used for get_property.

Please check that exact tcl statement to narrow down onto the issue.
Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
maenpaa
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi, athandr,

The TCL command I am issuing is

make_wrapper -files [get_files <a-long-path>.bd] -top

The error itself originates from last routine of <instdir>/Vivado/2016.2/data/ip/xilinx/srio_gen2_v4_0/bd/bd.tcl. I probably could get around by adding a catch block around the sanity check of the address width of the (nonexisting) maintenance bus. However, I consider that a bug in Vivado, and that users should not modify installation like that. Would the Vivado eula allow me to do that?

0 Kudos
maenpaa
Adventurer
Adventurer

I am still curious: Is there something broken in the design of mine, or this an issue with the tool.

0 Kudos
maenpaa
Adventurer
Adventurer

The problem is present in Vivado 2017.2, too.

If I use the debug port of SRIO Gen2 4.1 without using the maintenance port, design fails to validate.

Could you please fix the SRIO instantiation TCL?

0 Kudos