UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor jperrin6
Visitor

Invalid Parameter Constraint in AXI EPC(2.0) IP

Jump to solution

Using Vivado 2016.4 with a Zync Ultrascale+ target I added an AXI EPC(2.0) to the block design in the IP Integrator. I want to set the peripheral clock to 16MHz but the GUI configuration window for the EPC IP block limits the range of the peripheral clock to 3333 - 41000 ps. I do not see this restriction in the documentation and if I look at the TCL Vivado\2016.4\data\ip\xilinx\axi_epc_v2_0\xgui\axi_epc_v2_0.tcl no validation is actually done on the peripheral clock value (it always returns true and there is commented out code that could do the range validation). 

As a quick fix I can modify the Vivado\2016.4\data\ip\xilinx\axi_epc_v2_0\component.xml to change the limit being checked by the GUI and successfully set the clock to 16 MHz.

Is this an actual constraint on the IP or a bug in the GUI?

Thanks,

Joe

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor jperrin6
Visitor

Re: Invalid Parameter Constraint in AXI EPC(2.0) IP

Jump to solution

I had to open a service request to get this answered. The answer is that there is a bug in the IP that Xilinx will not fix so you have to manually edit the IP XML file to remove the incorrect clock constraint. They have not publicly published the answer record that was generated from the SR so you have to contact Xilinx if you want this fix in writing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor jperrin6
Visitor

Re: Invalid Parameter Constraint in AXI EPC(2.0) IP

Jump to solution

I had to open a service request to get this answered. The answer is that there is a bug in the IP that Xilinx will not fix so you have to manually edit the IP XML file to remove the incorrect clock constraint. They have not publicly published the answer record that was generated from the SR so you have to contact Xilinx if you want this fix in writing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos