cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Invalid default value for a string in edit IP parameter

Hi, I am trying to customize my IP by adding some VHDL generics as IP parameters.

The GUI allow me to set the format as string, but I get an error (Invalid value) when I introduce a string with spaces (like the one in the image).

I think this should be allowed in future versions.

Another strange issue that I have found at the same GUI window, in the Display Name:

If a different name of the generic tag is introduced, upper and lower case can be introduced; however if the name match the generic tag, the first letter is forced to be uppercase and the rest ones forced to be lowercase. In the example sawn in the image, "NumN" is forced to be "Numn". But, for example it can be "NumN1". Also changes trying to put "NumN" are not saved. Nevertheless, that last issue is strange but not important.

Invalid_value_IPparam.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@ojos

I know that this is an old post but I am running into this issue as well and I am wondering if you ever resolved it?

DornerWorks
https://goo.gl/8wtknW
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi Corrin,

I have not resolved it yet. Nevertheless it is not a critical issue. It is not possible to put a default value, but you can left it blank and recommend the default value at Tooltip field.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

A blank default value produce the same result in Vivado 2016.1

invalid_value_error.jpg
0 Kudos