cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Launching Design Summary/Report Viewer...

Hello,

My ISE 14.7 (on Windows10) gets stuck on "Launching Design Summary/Report Viewer...". I was able to synthesize and generate bit file until yesterday but it won't work since then. How do I check if my project file in corrupted? It's not possible that the file size of such a small project is too much. Please suggest some possible issues. 

Best,

Soumya 

design.PNG
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Launching Design Summary/Report Viewer...

@soumya.91singh,

First and foremost - ISE 14.x is NOT recommended to run on Windows10.

My ISE 14.7 (on Windows10) gets stuck on

See this answer record for supported OS: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/18419.html

Have you tried rebooting your PC and then continuing with your project?

Else try uninstalling and re-installing ISE and try again (your project files remains the same). But still, running ISE under Win10 you might run into more unknown problems.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@dpaul24

Yes, I have tried rebooting my PC. It does not make a difference. There are some admin issues here, but I have to try my best to work with Win10 for now. I know it gives unknown problems but it still need to bring it to pass. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@soumya.91singh,

I really don't understand what are you trying to do and achieve.

First you ignore the OS recommendation for ISE - ok fine!

There are some admin issues here, but I have to try my best to work with Win10 for now.

Now after reading the above statement of yours, I took a look at your attached screenshot carefully.

I have seen that you are using a Xilinx 7 series device - xc7z020. Have you selected the wrong device?

I am re-attaching the SS and have highlighted the part.

For a 7 series Zynq device you MUST use Vivado simulator, which will work with Win10.

design.PNG

FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
0 Kudos