UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

MIG 7 Reference Clock Pin Selection

Jump to solution

I am trying to customize MIG_7 DDR3 memory. I do not see how to select a Reference Clock Type for the Reference Clock. Vivado does not allow to continue DDR3 configuration without selection of the pins. Selection of the same pin numbers, used by sys_clk cause the errors.

How to proceed?

For some reason the exact same MIG_7 interface in another project doers not generate an error and the configuration can be completed.

Thank you,

Alex

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: MIG 7 Reference Clock Pin Selection

Jump to solution

Hi @arotenst ,

That's because you need to set the input clock period as 5000ps(200MHz) if you want to set reference clock as system clock.

As the reference clock must be 200MHz, so if the input clock is not 200MHz, this option will disappear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

I do not see in my new design “Use System Clock” option at all. I have attached the menus for the previous and new design (both opens in Vivado 2018.3).

What is wrong?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @arotenst ,

That's because you need to set the input clock period as 5000ps(200MHz) if you want to set reference clock as system clock.

As the reference clock must be 200MHz, so if the input clock is not 200MHz, this option will disappear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

@arotenst

Have you found the "Use system clock" option? If still not, you can send out the previous settings page, then I can help to check if the other settings are correct. 

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Yes. I was able to see the "Use system clock" option after I changed the clock.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

I also have another related question, but I want to know how to prevent Vivado from “contaminating” project, if possible. It turned out that after MIG7 block change Vivado created the second mig.prj file. Now there are two files mig_a.prj and mig_b.prj. It appears Vivado uses both even only the last one is correct. How to safely remove the obsolete files/folders in the project? Is  there is any option in Vivado not to keep the old unused stuff, in general.

Thank you,

Alex

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

@arotenstHi,

This is a new question, please create a new topic.

And if this issue is sloved, pls close this topic, thx.