UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor reidng
Visitor

Migrating .bd file from 2014.4 to 2015.1

Say i have an IP Integrator design with the JESD core 6.0 IP instantiated in Vivado 2014.4. What is the proper way to migrating the design to a newer Vivado version.

According to the Ultrafast Methodology User Guide, by minimum only the .bd/.tcl is required for source control purposes, but when I port the said .bd over to the new Vivado 2015.1, due to JESD core is upgraded to 6.1, i get these following errors.

[BD 41-50] Could not find an IP with the given vlnv: xilinx.com:ip:jesd204:6.0

[BD 41-595] Failed to add ip repository block

I solved it by generating the whole IP integrator output files in Vivado 2014.1 and copied the entired IPI folder structure to Vivado 2015.1, but my question would be,

Isn't this against what Xilinx has mentioned in the User Guide that, by minimum only the .bd file is required for source control?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: Migrating .bd file from 2014.4 to 2015.1

@reidng Check this

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
forum.jpg
0 Kudos
Visitor reidng
Visitor

Re: Migrating .bd file from 2014.4 to 2015.1

Well, if that's the case, managing only the *.bd or *.tcl doesn't prove to be viable unless we are limitting user from changing the tool version. Then, what will be the minimum file required for source control to ensure no error even migrating from one version to another? Storing the entire IPI structur, as per recommended in the same User Guide, is messy when the Block Design getting larger and more complicated, i.e. involve multiple IPs which might contained multiple sub IPs. Another thing is, assume the same version is used, moving forward, which method is more recommended by Xilinx to regenerate the Block Design, the *.bd file or the *.tcl generated from write_bd_tcl ?
0 Kudos