Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Migration from Xilinx Platform Studio to Vivado

Jump to solution

Hello all,

Sorry for my poor English in advance,

I'm developing a Zync-based system on ZedBoard. I have a reference design made as a Xilinx Platform Studio Project. The design uses custom EDK IPs. Platform Studio takes them from folders organized like this:

pcores
    |
    |---core1_v1_00_a
    |       |
    |       |--data
    |       |--devl
    |       |--hdl
    |
    |
    |---core2_v1_00_a
            |
            |--data
            |--devl
            |--hdl

So I want to add this reference design as Block Design to a Vivado project. 

I've tried to add those ipcores to IP-catalog as told here. But I can only add IP to block design assigned to this IP's project. So when I try to make a new project and add IPs I previously added to catalog I can't see them in IP catalog in Vivado.

So I have questions:

1) Can I import XPS design to Vivado without redrawing it?

2) If I have to redraw the design, I need those custom IPs in it. How should I add custom EDK IPs to Vivado IP Catalog?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar
Scholar
Hello,

For Packaging an IP for reuse please refer this tutorial chapter no 3

http://www.origin.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_3/ug939-vivado-designing-with-ip-tutorial.pdf
-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar
Can you leaf through chapter 5 "Migrating from XPS to IP Integrator" of :

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_4/ug911-vivado-migration.pdf
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Dear sampatd,

The problem is, my IPs are custom. So I have to somehow add them to IP catalog and then redraw the design. And there's no tutorial for this in that document, I have already read it. Excuse me if I misunderstand something - I'm new to Vivado.

But when I package my IPs in separate project I can't see them in catalog in the project of my block design.

There is also problem that I get warnings while packaging the IPs saying that there's data direction mismatch or something. But I'm pretty sure those IP-cores are o'k.

0 Kudos
Scholar
Scholar
Hello,

For Packaging an IP for reuse please refer this tutorial chapter no 3

http://www.origin.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_3/ug939-vivado-designing-with-ip-tutorial.pdf
-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer
Thank you!
0 Kudos