UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer nxthuan
Observer

Need help with [Designutils 20-1700] write_bitstream exception: input stream error.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to use the 10GBASE-R Ethernet in the KCU105 development kit. My current Vivado version is 2017.2 and my OS is Windows 8.1.

UG921 -  KCU105 10GBASE-R Ethernet TRD User Guide (KUCon-TRD04) ( ver2017.2, 5031 KB ) [PDF]

Describes the features and functions of the KCU105 10GBASE-R Ethernet TRD, including setup, operation, testing, and modifying the design for user applications.

Link: https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/kcu105.html#documentation

I followed the KCU105 10GBASE-R Ethernet TRD User Guide and successfully did the synthesis and implementation. However, when running Generate Bitstream, I received error [Designutils 20-1700] write_bitstream exception: input stream error.

Does anyone meet this problem and please let me know how to solve it. 

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer nxthuan
Observer

Re: Need help with [Designutils 20-1700] write_bitstream exception: input stream error.

Jump to solution

I figured out the problem. Because the project folder path was too long, the bitstream file couldn't be generated. I moved the project to C:\ and the problem was fixed.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Observer nxthuan
Observer

Re: Need help with [Designutils 20-1700] write_bitstream exception: input stream error.

Jump to solution

I figured out the problem. Because the project folder path was too long, the bitstream file couldn't be generated. I moved the project to C:\ and the problem was fixed.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @nxthuan,

Thanks for posted the solution to your issue. This will help other users with the same problem in the future.

As your issue is solved, please mark your last response as Accepted Solution (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions), so  the topic can be completed then. We appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos