UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mrgaddis
Visitor

Need help with ProjectMgmt:387 error

Hi,

My design is getting through synthesis and is failing Translate in ISE 14.2.  The error that is being indicated is:

ERROR:ProejctMgmt:387 – TOE: ITclInterp::ExecuteCmd gave Tcl result ‘invalid command name “0”’

I have been reading the forums and the advice has ranged from restarting ISE to setting certain process options.  I did read that this error could be due to a DRC check error.  Is there a way that I can check that output?  Is there any advice you can give to help me troubleshoot the source of this error?

Thanks,

Marc

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Re: Need help with ProjectMgmt:387 error

Hi,

Refer below links:

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Implementation/ERROR-ProjectMgmt-387-in-ISE14-7/m-p/374193/highlight/true#M7299

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/ERROR-ProjectMgmt-387-TOE-ITclInterp-ExecuteCmd-gave-Tcl-result/m-p/219677/highlight/true#M3137

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

Can you share the .bld file here to see whether there are any helpful messages is being printed in log file?

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor mrgaddis
Visitor

Thanks Anusheel,

unfortunately, I have already reviewed those posts and they don't provide the information that I need.
0 Kudos
Visitor mrgaddis
Visitor

I don't think that I can send .bld file, but it is helpful to know where to look. Is there anything specific I can search for?
0 Kudos
Visitor mrgaddis
Visitor

Here is the entire message when I try to run Translate:

ERROR:ProjectMgmt:387 - TOE: ITclInterp::ExecuteCmd gave Tcl result 'invalid command name "0"'.
Tcl_ErrnoId: unknown error
Tcl_ErrnoMsg: No error
_cmd: ::xilinx::Dpm::dpm_chTransformExecuteForNgdbuild dpm_ngdbuildRun $piThisInterface
errorInfo: invalid command name "0"
    while executing
"$_iNetlistNode getModuleName sModuleName"
    (procedure "dpm_xpsSearchNetlist" line 4)
    invoked from within
"dpm_xpsSearchNetlist $_iNetlist "" $_edkModuleName _hierPath"
    (procedure "dpm_xpsGetEdkInstName" line 28)
    invoked from within
"dpm_xpsGetEdkInstName $iTranInst $sModuleName "
    (procedure "dpm_xpsHandleXpsBmmFile" line 38)
    invoked from within
"dpm_xpsHandleXpsBmmFile $iTranInst _edkBmmArg"
    (procedure "dpm_ConstructCommandLineNgdbuild" line 168)
    invoked from within
"dpm_ConstructCommandLineNgdbuild $iTranInst cmd sModuleName"
    (procedure "::xilinx::Dpm::dpm_chTransformExecuteForNgdbuild" line 29)
    invoked from within
"::xilinx::Dpm::dpm_chTransformExecuteForNgdbuild dpm_ngdbuildRun $piThisInterface"

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @mrgaddis 

Check this similar thread: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/Error-on-ISE-manual-compile-order-with-MicroBlaze/td-p/163974

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor mrgaddis
Visitor

Thank you Vinay,  that solved the problem.

Best,

Marc

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Marc,

Please close this thread by marking the answer.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos