cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

New FPGA Mining Algo Odocrypt for DigiByte DGB blockchain July 2019

Any & all help is appreciated with this thread.  I am 100% new rookie to FPGA. I purchased the 

Digilent Zybo Z7: Zynq-7000 ARM/FPGA SoC Development Board (Zybo Z7-20 with SDSoC Voucher)

My intentions are to crypto currency mine a new FPGA algo called Odocrypt created by the blockchain group Digibyte DGB.  Here are a couple links to the info.

https://www.dgbwiki.com/index.php?title=FPGA_mining

https://www.coinfoundry.org/pool/dgb5

DigiByteCoin Github Odocrypt Mining Software

https://github.com/DigiByte-Core/odo-miner

It will change every 10 days. Its supposed to, to make it more ASIC resistant. 

I thought this may make a nice marketing tool also that is profitable & I'll gladly promote if someone can tell me how to set it up!

Any input, insight or suggestions how to setup the Xilinx software for this particular FPGA to mine that Odocrypt algo on that mining pool... would be greatly appreciated!

TYIA

3 Replies
Highlighted

Well this is extremely disappointing.

Over 75+ views & not 1 comment 1 suggestion 1 recommendation from anyone about how to set up a FPGA for cryto mining?

Is this some thing new? Is this something no one is interested in? Does any one have any idea what I'm talking about?

I thought at least a forum moderator would comment here?

I see I can do this with Linux but would really like to just do it through Windows & the Vivaldo software

Again any help is appreciated

TYIA

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

hi

This is a new algo actualy and it need altera fpga and than you should have linux on your system as os till you can compile the miner and core for wallet . 

I tried so much in mining by fpga I wrote some code for design in fpga but never find a miner to run it this is my problem any miner that find till dosn't work (cgminer , bfgminer ,....) if you need some code in vhdl or verilog for fpga mining I'll give it to you but without miner thats usless

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

tthompson7@cinci.rr.com wrote:

Is this some thing new? Is this something no one is interested in? Does any one have any idea what I'm talking about?

We know what you're talking about. It just sounds a bit like someone saying "Hi everyone, I just found out that there's a great new charging station available for the Tesla Model X, so I bought one. However, I don't have a Model X; I've got a Nissan Patrol. Can someone show me how to hook it up to the charger? I'm a real newbie with cars".

Essentially, what you appear to think will be a simple task (moving from Intel chips and Quartus Prime on Linux to Xilinx chips and Vivado on Windows) ... is not a simple task. It's the sort of thing that can be done if you already have plenty of experience with both the Intel and Xilinx chips, both Intel and Xilinx toolchains, and both Linux and Windows - and even then it'll be a lot of work. You appear to have experience with one of these (Windows) at best, so "helping" you with this is likely to require someone to provide several hundred pages of step-by-step instructions. I expect people here have better things to do.

0 Kudos