Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yu_chenthu08
Visitor
Visitor

No drivers are generated when Creating a new AXI peripheral

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I'm tying the latest Vivado/Vitis 2020.1 and have found a problem when "Creating a new AXI peripheral". No driver files for the AXI interfaces were generated automatically after I created the IP. In the former 2019 version a simple template driver were generated for the basic read/write on the AXI register/memory.

Two related phenomena are as below:

1) The tcl command called during the "Creating a new AXI peripheral" is "generate_peripheral -example_design ... -bfm_example_design..." while in the former version "-driver" was used.

2) The drvier files we obtained from the former version Vivado seem to cause a make failure in the latest Vitis IDE. It seems to be related with the makefile but I don‘t know why.

Could you please help solve the problem? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
syedz

@yu_chenthu08 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HarisA
Visitor
Visitor

I am currently facing the same problem. Did you manage to find any solution?

0 Kudos
HarisA
Visitor
Visitor

Hi again,

I've managed to find a solution. The problem seemed to lie within the Makefile. I used one of the preexisting driver Makefiles within Vitis when creating a platform project as template, simply replacing the names within the used file with the name of my new AXI peripheral. I was then able to successfully assign the driver to my peripheral and use the driver files within an application.

0 Kudos
syedz

@yu_chenthu08 

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos