Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

No logical ports in custom interface

Jump to solution

I tried to create a simple custom interface - a data bus, plus valid and stop flags using Vivado 2014.3  "Create Interface Definition" tool. The tool lets me define all the ports in detail, but when save this new interface and try to use the interface in "Package IP" tool, it shows up with empty list of "logical ports", so I can not map any of the signals to it. Did I miss some step in creating logical ports for the interface?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Things to check:

- If you reopen the bus interface (use File->Open IP-Xact File), do the logical ports appear?

- Pay attention to the master and slave mode.  Make sure the directions are what you expect (and typically opposite each other)

- In the IP Definition where you want to use the interfacae

- double check the mode (master vs. slave)

You might try closing and reopening the project.  In the past we have seen issues where the system didn't quite sync its interenal data structures with newly created interfaces and the port mapping dialog for the IP Definition .

If none of that works, could you attache a screen shot of the opened bus interface and a screen shot of the port mapping tab?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Things to check:

- If you reopen the bus interface (use File->Open IP-Xact File), do the logical ports appear?

- Pay attention to the master and slave mode.  Make sure the directions are what you expect (and typically opposite each other)

- In the IP Definition where you want to use the interfacae

- double check the mode (master vs. slave)

You might try closing and reopening the project.  In the past we have seen issues where the system didn't quite sync its interenal data structures with newly created interfaces and the port mapping dialog for the IP Definition .

If none of that works, could you attache a screen shot of the opened bus interface and a screen shot of the port mapping tab?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

After closing and reopening the project, the logical ports apear in "Interface Logical Ports" list that was previosly empty. Nothing esle was changed, so it is appear to be system sync bug as swolf  have pointed out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant
I was able to map top-level entity ports to logical ports of the custom interface and package the IP. The next problem is that when I use this IP in the block diagram of a new project, the critical warnings "[BD 41-51] Could not find bus definition for the interface: ..." and "[BD 41-49] Could not find abstraction definition for the interface: ..." for each of the signals that were mapped to the custom interface.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant
P.S. I'd like to add that despite those critical warnings, block diagram wrapper maps custom interface signals correctly
0 Kudos