UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mdslic
Visitor

No update in synthesis results after update of sources

Hello,

while using ISE 10.1 (or 11.1), I've got a problem of the software not taking into account the modifications of my sources in the results of the synthesis/programming file.

Any idea would be more than welcome!

I tried changing the project, renaming the sources...

ISE 10.1 or 11.1 under WinXP

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: No update in synthesis results after update of sources

I had a similar problem, I downloaded changes to the FPGA and it did exactly the same thing. 11.4 seems to be working fine.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

If you've run the synthesis etc. from the ISE GUI and added the HDL files from existing files, ISE will copy the HDL files into the project dir. If you update the source files later, ISE won't automatically copy the files into the project dir and you might get the effect you observed. If you run the tools in command line mode, you can avoid this.

Cheers,

Johan

0 Kudos
Visitor mdslic
Visitor

It seems that the problem is located after compilation of files as ISE sees the changes inside the files sources on compilation at start of synthesis!

But no effects on the programming file!

0 Kudos