UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to open the project manager window in vivado 2017.1

Hi,

I am trying to create a project in vivado 2017.1. I have downloaded the installer (  Lab edition 2017.1) from xilinx website and installed in 2017.1. The installation was successful. I could launch the vivado too.

But when I created a project , observed the "Hardware manager window" appeared  instead  of project manager window.

I have tried with both 2017.1 and 2017.3  version, and observing the same issue. Given below the wizard window which appeared upon launching the software.

qq.PNG

It would be great if anyone can help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks,

Cindralla

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Re: Not able to open the project manager window in vivado 2017.1

@cindrallageorge,

I guess that you need Vivado SDK 2017.1 and not Vivado Lab edition 2017.1, as you have shown.

I would recommend you to use 2017.4 instead of 2017.1, many bugs fixed and comparatively stable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Not able to open the project manager window in vivado 2017.1

The Lab Edition of the Vivado tools is only intended for programming/debugging on hardware.  It does not include any of the developement tools used for simulation, synthesis or implementation.

Try Installing the full version of Vivado.

Ted Booth - Tech. Lead FPGA Design Engineer
www.designlinxhs.com
0 Kudos