Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

PS .xci instanciation into block design

Hi,

I am currently developping a project around a Zynq MPSOC ultrascale+ SOC. Someone during the project configured the PS and provided me the .xci file. Now i would like to instanciate this configured PS and the axi interconnect into a block diagram which will be my top module for the project. The point is that I don't see how I can use this .xci file containing the PS configuration into my block diagram. I cannot drag and drop the .xci file in the block diagram nor reference it as a module as I would do with a .vhdl file. I have also tried to trick vivado by creating a .vhd file that instanciated the PS component from the .xci but vivado understood what i was doing and prevented me from doing it.

What would be the normal way to instanciate the Mpsoc PS module with this .xci file ( or at least by replicating the configuration from this .xci file) ?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @matbox,

In the Flow Navigator, you can add the .xci files into the project file by using "Selecting Add Sources" --> "Add Design sources" and then locating the '.xci files'. 

From there, you can "create the block design"

Reference: UG896 pages 31-32

Flow Navigator.JPG
0 Kudos