UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Package IP for distribution without including original VHDL code

Jump to solution

I was wondering whether there is a way to package an IP for use by someone else, without including the original VHDL code.  I can pre-target the device that will be used, so the customer will not need to re-package or re-target the code.

Is there any possibility of doing this?  As far as I am aware, removing the code manually would result in "black box" instance issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Package IP for distribution without including original VHDL code

Jump to solution

Ok, I seem to have figured it out.

After synthesizing the project to be packaged, save the Synthesized design as an EDF file, which you can import into a "temporary project" that will be packaged (instead of importing your HDL sources).

If someone knows of a faster (more streamlined) workflow for this, I'd really appreciate it if you let me know.  It's surprising that it's not simply a checkbox option in the IP packager (I can't imagine that I'm the only one with this requirement).

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Package IP for distribution without including original VHDL code

Jump to solution

Ok, I seem to have figured it out.

After synthesizing the project to be packaged, save the Synthesized design as an EDF file, which you can import into a "temporary project" that will be packaged (instead of importing your HDL sources).

If someone knows of a faster (more streamlined) workflow for this, I'd really appreciate it if you let me know.  It's surprising that it's not simply a checkbox option in the IP packager (I can't imagine that I'm the only one with this requirement).

0 Kudos