UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Package a block diagram with RTL module reference?

Jump to solution

Is it possible to package a block diagram with RTL module references in it? I ask because I don't see anything to the contrary in the Xilinx documentation, however I tried to do exactly this and received the following error...

[IP_Flow 19-4639] Packaging block design '<>' with a module reference '<>' is not supported in this release.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Package a block diagram with RTL module reference?

Jump to solution

My question has been sufficiently answered here...

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Tools-Others/Problem-with-simple-IP-Creation-Module-Reference-not-supported/m-p/755940

...Unfortunately, the answer was it is NOT currently possible in Vivado 2016.4. Would like to see this capability added though.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

My question has been sufficiently answered here...

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Tools-Others/Problem-with-simple-IP-Creation-Module-Reference-not-supported/m-p/755940

...Unfortunately, the answer was it is NOT currently possible in Vivado 2016.4. Would like to see this capability added though.

0 Kudos
Participant dave74321
Participant

Jump to solution

It still does not seem possible (Vivado 2017.4.1)

Is sorting this on the Xilinx to-do list?!

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Yes, this should be available in Vivado 2018.1.  i just ran a test case and my BD packaged fine with an RTL module in a recent internal build.

0 Kudos
Visitor dwjbosman
Visitor

Jump to solution

I am trying to package a block design which includes an RTL module in vivado 2018.2. Packaging finishes without errors.

Then I create a block design in which I use the packaged IP. Synthesis completes. But during implementation the following error occurs:

"[DRC INBB-3] Black Box Instances: Cell 'design_1_i/bram_mux_0/U0/design_1_i/mux_0' of type 'design_1_bram_mux_0_0_design_1_mux_0_0' has undefined contents and is considered a black box. The contents of this cell must be defined for opt_design to complete successfully."

image.png

IP packager file groups:

image.png

During synthesis there is already a warning:

image.png

So why isn't mux.vhd found during design synthesi/implementation?

0 Kudos