UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

PlanAhead java NumberFormatException

I would like to share this solution for problem I had with PlanAhead (14) running on Ubuntu 12.04.

The problem I hit was java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "0,8", when trying to open "RTL Analysis -> Open Elaborated Design".

The reason of this problem is because I have mixed locale settings in my Ubuntu. I like to have program menus in English (LANG=en_US.UTF-8), but my number, time, monetary, ... settings are local (LC_NUMERIC=sl_SI.UTF-8). This mixture of locale settings is reason of above java exception.

To solve this problem just run "export LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8" right before starting planAhead.

3 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: PlanAhead java NumberFormatException

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the solution. This will help others.

Thank again!!!

Ankury

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

I am sorry but can you tell me whre to enter that command. I am on windows and facing similar problem I am badly stuck at this.

0 Kudos
Newbie kromancer

God bless you!

0 Kudos