UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor khfreiberg
Visitor

Primitives lost Verilog code

Jump to solution

I hade some crashs on my PC and now I noticed that my project is broken. I am using ISE 14.7 with schematic entry. I noticed in a simulation (was working before) that a FDC flipflop didn't toggle getting the right signals. Wnen I doubleclick on the symbol I get the message '... the module that defines the symbol could not be determed. ...'. I would expect a piece of Verilog code. I get this message at a couple of primitives. I reinstalled ISE - no change. When I replace the element in the schematic I get the same thing again.

Does anybody has an idea how to repair this ?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Primitives lost Verilog code

Jump to solution
Hi,

Please refer to this link , similar issue is discussed in this
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/36095.htm

Regards,
Achutha
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

Please refer to this link , similar issue is discussed in this
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/36095.htm

Regards,
Achutha
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visitor khfreiberg
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks, looks like that is the same issue. But I am talking about elements from Xilinx schematic library. I do not know where the corresponding source files are. The navigator doesn't show me the underlying source. I have no idea how the library symbol and the underlying Verilog code are linked together. Some more complex elements like SR16CLE do show the code when I double click. FDC and NOR2 for example doesn't. Actually I do not really know if this is my issue. All I see is that the simulation is doing nonsense and when I click to the symbols they seem to be empty. I haven't controlled before if I see the Verilog for every library symbol. May be FDC and gates are basic elements that do not have a Verilog implementation. Can you please confirm the expected behavior when I doubleclick a basic library symbol like FDC?

I feel like running in circles.

0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

Jump to solution

Have you tried to create a new project, just add a few gates and flip-flops and see if you get the same behavior?  If not, the issue is project related and may require some sort of clean-up.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Visitor khfreiberg
Visitor

Jump to solution

Yea, good idea. I get the same message. So FDC and gates seems to be basic elements that doesn't have underlaying Verilog code. But my problems sits somewhere else. I got the the simulation running (just a setup issue). So simulation works and hardware is still doing something different. I am now investigating how ChipScope can help. The problem here is, I have a multiboard system with a controller and the FPGA is my memory mapped hardware interface. So I need the controller to activated the tested function, but when the controller is in place I do not have JTAG access to the FPGA. I would need to go through the controller which doesn't execute my firmware in boundary scan mode. The controller uses the chain for ISP. I will need to break the chain to get access. 

But thanks for help ;-) 

0 Kudos