UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor tejna
Visitor

Problem after adding Microblaze to the design

Hi,

I am fairly new to developing projects using FPGAs especially using Vivado tools. I am working on developing a graphics application on Arty S7 development board which has the Spartan7 FPGA. When I create the project just using VHDL, I am able to see the graphics output on screen. But when I create an IP core for the project and add Microblaze to it using IP Integrator, and export the hardware to SDK to program it, I am not able to see the right output on screen. I can just see a black screen, so not sure where I am going wrong. I was wondering if it has anything to do with clocking or timing. Again I am really sorry if the question seems basic, but do we have to add separate timing constraints file for the project? Because when I did the same project using Xilinx ISE, there was no need for manual timing constraints.

Thank you so much in advance for your time and help.

Tejna

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Problem after adding Microblaze to the design

Spamming an un-answered post to multiple forums isn't going to make the post any better.

Please see:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Welcome-Join/Ever-wonder-why-your-question-doesn-t-get-answered/m-p/924807

But just to be a nice guy, let me ask:

What's the Microblaze got to do with it? Are you saying you can successfully package your design as an IP, instantiate it in an IP Integrator block diagram, and produce a working bitfile--but then if you simply add a Microblaze to your block diagram, the original IP stops working? Or did you not try that step yet?

-Joe G.

0 Kudos
Visitor tejna
Visitor

Re: Problem after adding Microblaze to the design

Hi Joe,

I am really sorry if it came off as spamming, I am new to posting in forums and was not aware of the best procedure to go about. The reason I posted this query in multiple forums is because I was not able to figure out what was causing the issue or how to debug it, and hoped the right forum can identify any mistake I was making or any advice on how I could debug it. If I knew what the issue was I would have posted it only in the respective forum.

To clear the confusion, I have successfully packaged the design as an IP, instantiated it in an IP integrator block diagram along with Microblaze, and generated a bit file as well. And when I program the hardware through SDK and run the C program, I am not able to see the results. 

Thank you,
Tejna

0 Kudos