UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Problem with ISERDESE2 Schematic entry for 7 series FPGA

I was trying to simulate the ISERDESE2 primitive to evaluate the design for my project. I am using Schematic design and when I try to simulate the behavioral model I get the following error :

Type bit_vector of component generic <init_q1> does not match with type of entity generic.

This is in the .vhf file of the schematic. Based on some googling I came across a post where it says I have to change it to "bit" declaration!

I.e    from  INIT_Q1 : bit_vector :=  b"0";

to 

INIT_Q1 : bit := '0'; 

Now it complies fine after that but the outputs are still red lines.

Before getting into the settings of my ISERDES primitive and further debugging, I want to confirm if the above change is the way to go about it or is there a better fix ? I think editing is auto generated .vhf files is not the way to go about it especially since there is a clear message from Xilinx not to edit such auto generated files!

I am using the latest tools ISE version 14.5 .

Regards

Arvind

0 Kudos