Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmogster
Observer
Observer

Problem with generated tcl scripts

Jump to solution

Hi,

I used the Vivado tool to generate the tcl scripts for Synthesis and Implementation + Generate bitstream.  I used the "scripts only" option to get the files.  I ran the synthesis tcl script in a windows command window.  It finished with no errors.  The script took about as long as a GUI run.  Then I ran the  Implementation tcl script.  It failed and generated the following line.

ERROR: [Project 1-9] Cannot open structural netlist because no structural source files were specified. Edif, ngc ngo and verilog structural netlists are supported.

I ran Synthesis from the GUI, then re-ran the Implementation tcl script from the command window.  This time it worked.

What do I need to do so I can use just the tcl scripts, in non-project mode, to compile the project and generate the bitstream file?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thakurr

Hi @rmogster

Once you run the project in the GUI mode till bitstream. There will be  tcl scripts generated in the .runs/synth_1 and .runs/impl_1. You can use these scripts for non-project mode. You can follow the below steps.

1) Open Vivado tcl shell.

2) Cd to the location where the scripts are present.

3) source xx.tcl

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
thakurr

Hi @rmogster

Once you run the project in the GUI mode till bitstream. There will be  tcl scripts generated in the .runs/synth_1 and .runs/impl_1. You can use these scripts for non-project mode. You can follow the below steps.

1) Open Vivado tcl shell.

2) Cd to the location where the scripts are present.

3) source xx.tcl

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
rmogster
Observer
Observer

Thanks.

That works well.

0 Kudos
johnbdunn
Visitor
Visitor

BTW I stupidly clicked the 'do not ask me again' box on the green 'play' button where it normally gives you a chance to run the systhesis or just generate the tcl scripts for it. Now I can't gen scripts, and I might want to do that soon

I don't suppose anybody knows how to get the script generation option back up again once you've done that?

0 Kudos
surajc
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@johnbdunn 

Go to settings and check uncheck as per your preference

Capture.JPG

--Suraj

0 Kudos
johnbdunn
Visitor
Visitor