cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

Problem with one clock input pin driving multiple clk_wizard with Vivado block design

Jump to solution

Hi ALL, 

I integreted two clock wizard in my block design. However, I want them share same clock input pin and cannot do that.

I know the route in HDL: PIN -> IBUFG -> PLLs.

But with vivado block design, I cannot create an IBUFG associated with the pin. I've tried to set input of clock wizard as pin, but the IBUFG will be shown in IP resources, means it cannot shared by other IPs.

Now the workaround is cascade the two PLLs, but I hope I can connect them paralleled.

Any suggestion welcome.

Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi,

You can consider generating the block design with two clocking wizard IPs and connect their CLKIN to two ports.

In the wrapper file, you can connect these two ports to one top-level port.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi,

You can consider generating the block design with two clocking wizard IPs and connect their CLKIN to two ports.

In the wrapper file, you can connect these two ports to one top-level port.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

Hi Marell,

Nice solution! Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

This sadly doesn't work anymore because it is not possible to drive multiple buffers with one clkin. If you then disable the buffers of the clock wizards, even more errors arise. Is there a proper solution to use more than one clock wizard? If you use one wizard with multiple outputs, the output clock accuracy drops on both outputs.

0 Kudos