cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Problems with Strategy files ISE 13.4

I have a legacy project, using Spartan 6 LX25T, for which I originally created a strategy file to aid bitstream recreation for maintenance reasons. Now I am in the situation where I need to make a small update to the original RTL and regenerate the bitstream. I thought I had the covered with the strategy file. However, upon opening up the project in Project Navigator (ISE 13.4) I get a host of warning messages similar this one here:

WARNING:ProjectMgmt:434 - DesignStrategies: The property Generate Programming File:MultiBoot cannot be found. Please confirm that the property is specified properly and applies to the target device.
WARNING:ProjectMgmt:462 - StrategyManager: Couldn't find the property instance for Generate Programming File:MultiBoot: Starting Address for Next Configuration.

The original design calls for multiboot settings to be applied but now I can't correctly set the multiboot address because of some issue. I can regenerate the required bitstream through the command line interface bitgen command and bypassing the Project Navigator GUI for this step but I am curious as to what the underlying issue really is. Even if I attempt to the change the settings from the Project Navigator window (Project -> Design Goals & Strategies) I get the same problem.

My efforts in searching this site or the web have come to nought so I ask here - anybody know what the problem is? I attach the source .xds file.

----------
"That which we must learn to do, we learn by doing." - Aristotle
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

check this ARs
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/30378.html
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

I have seen that AR from my previous searches. It is not helpful in this case as running a Project Clean up has no effect to the underlying issue (that I cannot assign the multiboot address from within Project Navigator GUI).

The error message gives some implication that the strategy property is either misnamed or PN thinks that I'm targeting a device for which this property is not applicable - neither of which, in my opinion, are the case. 

----------
"That which we must learn to do, we learn by doing." - Aristotle
0 Kudos