UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mentor hgleamon1
Mentor

Problems with Strategy files ISE 13.4

I have a legacy project, using Spartan 6 LX25T, for which I originally created a strategy file to aid bitstream recreation for maintenance reasons. Now I am in the situation where I need to make a small update to the original RTL and regenerate the bitstream. I thought I had the covered with the strategy file. However, upon opening up the project in Project Navigator (ISE 13.4) I get a host of warning messages similar this one here:

WARNING:ProjectMgmt:434 - DesignStrategies: The property Generate Programming File:MultiBoot cannot be found. Please confirm that the property is specified properly and applies to the target device.
WARNING:ProjectMgmt:462 - StrategyManager: Couldn't find the property instance for Generate Programming File:MultiBoot: Starting Address for Next Configuration.

The original design calls for multiboot settings to be applied but now I can't correctly set the multiboot address because of some issue. I can regenerate the required bitstream through the command line interface bitgen command and bypassing the Project Navigator GUI for this step but I am curious as to what the underlying issue really is. Even if I attempt to the change the settings from the Project Navigator window (Project -> Design Goals & Strategies) I get the same problem.

My efforts in searching this site or the web have come to nought so I ask here - anybody know what the problem is? I attach the source .xds file.

----------
"That which we must learn to do, we learn by doing." - Aristotle
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Problems with Strategy files ISE 13.4

check this ARs
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/30378.html
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Mentor hgleamon1
Mentor

Re: Problems with Strategy files ISE 13.4

I have seen that AR from my previous searches. It is not helpful in this case as running a Project Clean up has no effect to the underlying issue (that I cannot assign the multiboot address from within Project Navigator GUI).

The error message gives some implication that the strategy property is either misnamed or PN thinks that I'm targeting a device for which this property is not applicable - neither of which, in my opinion, are the case. 

----------
"That which we must learn to do, we learn by doing." - Aristotle
0 Kudos