UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Propagation of ADDR_WIDTH for a custom AXI_LITE IP

Hi All,

I'm using Vivado 2018.3 and this thing is driving me mad !

I want to have my custom IP with a slave AXI_LITE behave like the AXI_BRAM IP does when I change the memory range for the IP in the Address editor, the IP GUI's is automatically updated. My goal is to adjust the address bus size to the memory size inside the IP, the rest of decoding being done by the Interconnect.

So I did a simple Microblaze design.proj_start.png

When I take a look to the IP's before doing anything I have

itf_before.png

The araddr for the IC is not defined, and the s_axi_araddr is set to 15 bits corresponding to the defaut configuration of the BRAM Ctrl IP.

Ok that's fine.

Now I set a range of 8K for the BRAM Crtl, which should provide an address bus of 13 bits.

In the IPI, I validate the design which updates the configuration of the IPs

itf_after.png

So IC goes to 32 bits and bram_ctrl goes to 13 bits.

I don't know why, but the addresses are not both aligned to 13 bits, but the tool does not complain about this.

If now I set the range to 8K, the bram_ctrl goes to 14 bits.

This what I need !

Now I create a basic custom AXI_LITE IP using the "create and package wizzard" with Lite, Slave, 32 bits, 4 registers parameters. And I add it to the design. The configuration before doing anything is the same as before.

myip_before.png

The IC's address is not set, my IP's address is set to 4 bits. (value of the IP's generic parameter C_S00_AXI_ADDR_WIDTH)

If I set a range of 4k for this IP when I validate the design I get

myip_after.png

So IC address is as before updated to 32 bits, but the address for the custom IP does not change.

Can anyone guide me to point out what I need to do to get the same behavior as the bram controller  ?

Thanks.

Stéphane.

0 Kudos