UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer jfcliche
Observer

Re: Vivado synthesis slower than XST?

Hello all,

I've just tried the new Vivado 2013.2 and the Managed IP flow which pre-synthesizes the cores into a checkpoint (.dcp) file.  On a small design, synthesis time was cut by half. I would expect an even bigger gain on a big design that reuse cores many times. This might be the solution I was looking for. I still have synthesis messages like

WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-2162] IP 'clock_mmcm' is locked. Locked reason: User override

and

Xilinx IP preload is disabled

and I don't know if they have any implication on the synthesis speed but I'm working on it. 

Hope this helps,

JF

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

one quick check. Compare the utilization (sysntehsis reports) in ISE and Vivado. This can give some clue.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Visitor binupr
Visitor

Can you explain how ti disable "IP Preload" in Vivado 2013.2?

0 Kudos
Visitor binupr
Visitor

I just figured it out :

Project Manager--> Project Settings--> IP-> Packager(Tab)-->Automatic Behaviour--> Untick 'Run -upgrade_core when opening IP Packager'

0 Kudos