UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer houssem1992
Observer

Re: how do I add a D-FlipFlop to vivado block design?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I want to add a D-FlipFlop to the block diagram in vivado but i don't find it  in the IP catalog; Someone help me ?

Thanks

Houssem

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Houssem,

You can achieve it by creating custom IP.
Check this tutorial for creating and packing an IP:http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_1/ug1119-vivado-creating-packaging-ip-tutorial.pdf

Thanks,
Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@houssem1992 There is no such IP to add a D flip-flop.

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Houssem,

You can achieve it by creating custom IP.
Check this tutorial for creating and packing an IP:http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_1/ug1119-vivado-creating-packaging-ip-tutorial.pdf

Thanks,
Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Why do you need to add the D Flop? In case ths is for latency selection, there are few IP's which have latency control option in the GUI. Please check to see if your IP in the BD has that option for adding latency. If you are looking for a different application altogether, then the above solutions should help.

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Observer sgilbertson
Observer

Jump to solution

So others stumbling on this thread will have a simpler answer than custom IP when all they want to do is latch a handshake signal or something in a block diagram...

For a D flipflop:

• Add a "RAM Based Shift Register" IP
  • Check "Clock Enable (CE)" if you need a CE pin
  • Set "Dimensions" to "Manual", width=1 (or however many bits you want to latch), depth=1

You can also do a set/reset flipflop:

• Add a "Binary Counter" IP
  • Set "Output Width" to 1
  • Check "Restrict Count" and set "Final Count Value (Hex)" to 1
  • In the "Control" tab, check "Clock Enable (CE)" and "Synchronous Clear (SCLR)"
  • Use the "CE" pin for set and the "SCLR" pin for reset

Participant lizhang86
Participant

Jump to solution

Hi Sgilbertson,

From the name of the IP I'm assuming the IP will implement the shift register with BRAM.

Do you know if the IP will optimize to use regular distributed FF if my shift register is small enough (eg.3 stages), 

Thanks,

Li

0 Kudos