UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor intern1
Visitor

Receiving this error when Validating Block Design : [BD 41-951] Parameter LAYERED_METADATA not found on /clk_wiz_0/clk_out1 .

Jump to solution

Hey All,

So I am receiving this error when validating my block design " [BD 41-951] Parameter LAYERED_METADATA not found on /clk_wiz_0/clk_out1 " . I will attach the portion of my design that is triggering the error. 

Essentially I am using the clocking wizard to create a 10Mhz clock that I want to use to toggle the "Bypass" line of the two adder logic cores. I am making a simple MUX like circuit with available logic. I think it's because the net type out of my clock block is of "type clk" and the input type for the Bypass port is of another type. 

How can I change the type of the Bypass port to clk? Or should I not be using a secondary clock to run my bypass in the first place/ can you offer advice for a better way to toggle my bypass between 0 &1 at constant rate? 

Thanks, as always any help is appreciated! 

CLOCKING_error.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Receiving this error when Validating Block Design : [BD 41-951] Parameter LAYERED_METADATA not found on /clk_wiz_0/clk_out1 .

Jump to solution

Try making a custom file that basically does:

process(CLK) begin

If (rising_edge(CLK)) then

output <= ~output;

end if;

end process;

And then import it as a module.

Which should more or less make the toggle turn on and off every other clock. Run it twice the speed, and I believe it should then not care that it's a CLK output.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Receiving this error when Validating Block Design : [BD 41-951] Parameter LAYERED_METADATA not found on /clk_wiz_0/clk_out1 .

Jump to solution

Try making a custom file that basically does:

process(CLK) begin

If (rising_edge(CLK)) then

output <= ~output;

end if;

end process;

And then import it as a module.

Which should more or less make the toggle turn on and off every other clock. Run it twice the speed, and I believe it should then not care that it's a CLK output.