UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Referencing RTL Modules for use in Vivado IP Integrator

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Observer
Accepted Solution

Referencing RTL Modules for use in Vivado IP Integrator

I was viewing the quick take "Referencing RTL Modules for use in Vivado IP Integrator"  :

https://www.xilinx.com/video/hardware/referencing-rtl-modules-for-vivado-ip-integrator.html

I noticed the sample of the RTL verilog files in the quick take tutorial had slave Axi Lite within the verilog RTLdesign. How can I put this simple Axi Lite withing my Verilog so that when I make the RTL into a Module, the AXI is built in. Instead, I am writing my RTL and interfacing with a Slave AXI Lite IP. Just to have an "Slave AXI Lite IP", I have to create and package New IP, and select "SOO_AXI" with Slave Lite option and go in the package and modify the user logic to add the ports to so that I can interface to my Verilog RTL module.

I like the way the quick take video describes in how to make a module from a verilog file. This design approach can be simplified if I can get a hold of the "lite_slv_adder_v1_0_s0_axi.v" file, so that I can include the slave axi interface directly in my Verilog RTL.

Can someone send me the  sample  file "lite_slv_adder_v1_0_s0_axi.v"?

Accepted Solutions
Observer

Re: Referencing RTL Modules for use in Vivado IP Integrator

RTL Axi slave 

I figured out how to make my own RTL module with Slave AXI interface within the RTL. I just went to Tools "Create and Package New IP" Created a slave AXI IP, opened it up and copied the RTL code into a verilog file. Now I added my own logic to it and made a RTL module out of the Verilog File. Passed Synthesis/Implementation stage. This way I can write my RTL code and use the "Block Design" method to connect it to the Zynq processor.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Observer

Re: Referencing RTL Modules for use in Vivado IP Integrator

RTL Axi slave 

I figured out how to make my own RTL module with Slave AXI interface within the RTL. I just went to Tools "Create and Package New IP" Created a slave AXI IP, opened it up and copied the RTL code into a verilog file. Now I added my own logic to it and made a RTL module out of the Verilog File. Passed Synthesis/Implementation stage. This way I can write my RTL code and use the "Block Design" method to connect it to the Zynq processor.