Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce_karaffa
Scholar
Scholar

Refresh Changed Modules

Jump to solution

I have a family of similar designs.  Whenever I open one of them I always see "Module references are out of date.  Refresh Changed Modules"  This happens every time, even if I generate the bitstream and close the project.  When I open it again, I see the message.  I don't see the issue with other designs in the family.  These projects are generated from a build script.  While I could just regenerate the project every time, if I have the project already generated, it should work when I open it.  Is there a command to tell me which module Vivado thinks is out of date?  This would help me to figure out what is happening.  I'm running Vivado 19.1 on Windows 10.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amaccre

HI @bruce_karaffa ,

In the top right hand corner under the X to close the window there is a section that tells you when the project has gone out of date.

If you click the details then it shows which files have changed and allows you to force the project back up to date if you want to.

Capture.JPG

This should help with identifying which files are causing your problem.

Vivado is sensitive to timestamps as it relies on these to know if another program is accessing the files.

Certain programs such as revision control systems "touch" files which can interfere with the timestamp and so Vivado will see this as an edit.

Best Regards
Aidan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
amaccre

HI @bruce_karaffa ,

In the top right hand corner under the X to close the window there is a section that tells you when the project has gone out of date.

If you click the details then it shows which files have changed and allows you to force the project back up to date if you want to.

Capture.JPG

This should help with identifying which files are causing your problem.

Vivado is sensitive to timestamps as it relies on these to know if another program is accessing the files.

Certain programs such as revision control systems "touch" files which can interfere with the timestamp and so Vivado will see this as an edit.

Best Regards
Aidan

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users

View solution in original post

0 Kudos