UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer aishwaryaakul@
Observer

Related to custom ip creation

Hello to all,

Que. 1)when i used fifo generator ip in rtl design i got below error after synthesis ,how can i resolve this error

message:- could not resolve non primitive black box cell"char-FIFO"  instantiated as u0.

Que.2)i want to add fifo generator ip into my custom ip.

i added fifo generator ip to my custom ip but it poackaged with warning..or above message shown when synthesis and implementation step does not complete how can i resolve this problem...

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: Related to custom ip creation

Hi aishwaryaakul@

>>Que. 1)when i used fifo generator ip in rtl design i got below error after synthesis ,how can i resolve this error

Did you correctly instantiated the IP instantiation in the top level RTL file as mentioned in the initial steps of the below link?

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/60700.html

>>i want to add fifo generator ip into my custom ip.i added fifo generator ip to my custom ip but it poackaged with warning..or above message shown when synthesis and implementation step does not complete how can i resolve this problem..

What are the warnings generated while packaging FIFO ip as custom IP?

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Observer aishwaryaakul@
Observer

thanks for previous reply..

que1 :- What are the warnings generated while packaging FIFO ip as custom IP?

ans :- find the attachment  :-1) synthesis error 2) implementation error

que2:-

as per your suggestion ,to refer below link but i want to create a new axi peripheral custom ip & fifo generator ip is included in custom ip but below link describes for package your current project....(i want to use axi communication for my custom ip

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/60700.html

can you please provide exact steps for how to add xillinx ip in custom ip by  using axi communication and  how to package xillinx ip in custom ip

Thanks and regards

Aishwarya

x2.png
x5.png
x6.png
0 Kudos

Hi aishwaryaakul@

>>can you please provide exact steps for how to add xillinx ip in custom ip by  using axi communication and  how to package xillinx ip in custom ip

Once you instantiate the FIFO IP in the top level file, then in the Vivado GUI, did you try Tools--> Create and Package new IP--> Click next--> Create a new AXI4 peripheral?

I have attached a two projects for your reference . 'project1' with which custom IP is created with use of AXI4 periheral, project 2 instantiating the custom IP in the main project.

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Observer aishwaryaakul@
Observer

Hello all ,

Thanks for previous reply

Que:1)can you please provide exact steps for how to add xillinx ip in custom ip by  using axi communication and  how to package xillinx ip in custom ip

Ans:-   Here's the steps I'm going through, and hopefully someone can point out where I'm going wrong...

1) add or create design sources:-

create source=>name: basic_fifo_generation.vhd=> ok=>x1.png

click on ip catlog=> search fifo generator=> customize ip=> click ok=> generate output products => out of context per ip=> click ok=> instantiate fifo ip to above basic fifo ip .see above figure char fifo ip is added to basic fifo_generation vhd file. =>after synthesis i got  warning MSG..

now i want to create custom ip by using basic_FIFO_generation and char FIFO

Here's the steps I'm going through during packaging ip

1)create a new axi4 peripheral=> name:=myip_fifo=>axi lite communication=> click OK=> then axi customizing ip shows 2 files architecture and axi file,

i want add my vhd file and FIFO generation ip

click on add source=>add basic_fifo_generation.vhd file => click on ip integrator=> click on fifo generator =>customize ip=>generate output products=> click on out of context per ip =>click ok=>see below figure for after completingx2.png above step..

after that  i click on run synthesis icon and package ip but i got warnig msg.Screenshot from 2018-03-23 14-29-57.png

is it correct step to add xillinx ip into custom ip by using axi peripheral?

plz guide me when i m doing wrong step during custom ip creation..

can you provide exact steps for how to add xillinx ip to custom ip by using axi4 peripheral and how to package ip for this exactly..

Thanks and regards

Aishwarya

0 Kudos

Hi aishwaryaakul@

>>1)create a new axi4 peripheral=> name:=myip_fifo=>axi lite communication=> click OK=> then axi customizing ip shows 2 files architecture and axi file.

So once you create the custom IP with 'create a new axi4 periheral' option in the IP packager GUI and click 'Package IP'. Go to IP catalog and search for user IP. This will show the custom IP you created with axi4 periheral.

Now in order to use this custom IP in some other project, create a new project. Specify the IP repository location. By default it is <project_path>/.srcs/sources_1/..

Now go to IP catalog, search for 'User IP' ,customize the IP, generate the output products. Now follow the same steps you followed for instantiating the FIFO IP in the 'basic_fifo_generation.vhd' file.

Did you check the test cases i attached? These are being prepared following the above steps.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit

0 Kudos
Observer aishwaryaakul@
Observer

thanks for reply ..

que1) Did you check the test cases i attached?

Ans:=project is not compatible to vivado 2017.

que2) my question related to how to add xillinx core ip to custom ip plz give me exact step because in my steps implementation error occurs..

plz provide steps..so i can read  and follows those steps....

Thanks& Regards

Aishwarya

0 Kudos

Hi aishwaryaakul@

i would suggest you to go through this doc once:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_2/ug1118-vivado-creating-packaging-custom-ip.pdf

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit

0 Kudos