Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Repackaging IP for different project and different FPGA

Jump to solution

I am migrating a design from a ZYNQ 7000 to a ZYNQ UltraScale+ in Vivado 2018.3, and one IP block was designed in-house (not by me) for the older 7000 design.

If I follow the IP Packaging wizard, my IP will show in the US+ project, but it does not pass validation. If I just copy the folder from the 7000 project to the US+, same result.

How do I configure a given piece of HDL for a specific FPGA prior to packaging?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Repackaging IP for different project and different FPGA

Jump to solution

This worked, so thank you.

I also found that if the IP was not set up for compatibility with the processing system your project is using (7000, UltraScale+, etc.), you can't see the IP in the IP Catalog (since it's not yet compatible), so you can't add it to your block diagram to Edit in IP Packager.

I set up another project in another instance of Vivado using the previous processing system (in my case, a ZYNQ 7000). Because the IP blocks were available in this project, I could edit them in Edit in IP Packager, which allowed me to add US+ to their compatibility lists.

After repackaging them, I went back to my US+ project/instance of Vivado, refreshed my repos in the IP Settings screen, and the IP blocks were now available to me.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @joelschad ,

You need to edit the IP(custom IP) and re-customize it for required devices and then add the repo and it will work as per your requirement. 

Thanks,

Raj

Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

This worked, so thank you.

I also found that if the IP was not set up for compatibility with the processing system your project is using (7000, UltraScale+, etc.), you can't see the IP in the IP Catalog (since it's not yet compatible), so you can't add it to your block diagram to Edit in IP Packager.

I set up another project in another instance of Vivado using the previous processing system (in my case, a ZYNQ 7000). Because the IP blocks were available in this project, I could edit them in Edit in IP Packager, which allowed me to add US+ to their compatibility lists.

After repackaging them, I went back to my US+ project/instance of Vivado, refreshed my repos in the IP Settings screen, and the IP blocks were now available to me.

View solution in original post