UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Vivado tri_mode_ethernet_mac

Can someone point me to a sample design in Vivado for the tri_mode_ethernet_mac? I want to see how to hook it up.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Sample Vivado tri_mode_ethernet_mac

Hi tphelan@miyachiamerica.com ,

How to open tri mode ethernet mac IP example design: 

Steps: 

Open a Vivado project - add tri mode ethernet mac IP from IP catalog and do OOC synthesis of it. 

Then right click on it and select Open IP Example design. 

exa.JPG

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

tphelan@miyachiamerica.com,

Please read the latest version of PG051 docu, Chapter5 and Chapter6. Detailed info is given there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Thank you for the above inputs.

I don't find the user documentation particularly user friendly and the method described to create a sample project created a HDL rather than a block design. I should have been more specific in my request. Nevertheless your feedbacks are appreciated.

To be more specific I have a Zynq 7000 based design which already has two Ethernet ports instantiated. I need a third. So I have elected to use the TRI_MODE_ETHERNET IP. How to hook up to the memory interface and the streaming port of the Ethernet block, whether I need to use a FIFO or not, is not clear to me. I will continue my study on this and thank you again for your suggestions.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You may want to check out the AXI Ethernet Subsystem then which is a higher level than the TEMAC itself but uses the TEMAC under the hood:

https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/axi_ethernet.html

pg138 instead of pg051

If you are looking for a Zynq-7000 example where they was used, there's a few including:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1082-zynq-eth.pdf (PS and PL Ethernet Performance and Jumbo Frame Support with PL Ethernet in the Zynq-7000 AP SoC)

https://ethernetfmc.com/exampledesigns/

Those are probably a bit closer to what you are looking for...

Cheers,

bt

0 Kudos