UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar vanmierlo
Scholar

Still no spaces in paths in 2015 Vivado

Hi,

I thought this was 2015, but Vivado still seems to be a product of the 80's. It cannot handle spaces in paths while creating a bitstream. I had downloaded some reference project and unpacked it in "C:\local\project 2015-04-06\", that is with a space before the date. Then building this failed silently with only a log message saying "access denied". No idea what it was accessing. When I saw all sorts of funny named directories being created, bells started to ring and I discovered I shouldn't have used a space. Can this be fixed please?

Maarten

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Still no spaces in paths in 2015 Vivado

Hi,

Do you see the error when programming the device with BIT file and LTX file in Vivado HW manager?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Scholar vanmierlo
Scholar

Re: Still no spaces in paths in 2015 Vivado

I went looking for the error (in the Log pane) when I could not export to the SDK. It turned out that somewhere during bitstream generation it was splitting my path in half and created an empty "project" directory next to my "project 2015-04-06" directory and also created a "2015-04-06" directory next to my .xpr file. Actually bitstream generation said it succeeded, but in the Log there was:

INFO: [Vivado 12-1842] Bitgen Completed Successfully.
INFO: [Project 1-120] WebTalk data collection is mandatory for users of free Webpack licenses. To see the specific WebTalk data collected for your design, open the usage_statistics_webtalk.html or usage_statistics_webtalk.xml file in the implementation directory.
Toegang geweigerd.

The last line probably comes from my OS and means 'access denied'. But it gave no clue what it was accessing...

The export to SDK was complaining about files that were missing. Don't know which one exactly anymore.

In short: I wasn't trying to program the device yet nor using the HW manager.

Maarten

0 Kudos